Wednesday, January 06, 2010

iPhone TabBar icons



Happy New Year everyone!

As with all fun projects, I've taken a new tactic at how to do my iPhone application. It now includes a tab bar at the bottom for switching between pages. I now had a new problem. All of the icons were coming up as grey blobs in the bar and it took me a while to figure out how to fix it. I never really found a good answer on the internet, so it's my own info here (not a link like normal).

I found that the icons should be 30x30 pixels and should be in grey scale. I also have found that anything that is colored shows up as a light grey. It doesn't seem to mater if this is white, grey, black, etc. Everything else should be transparent and that will will show up black.

The pictures above are black lines on a transparent background.

-Tige


No comments: